Covid Emergency Fund
The recent national lock down and MCO has been very hard on less affluent sections of the Malaysian community. These are the people most vulnerable to unexpected disasters due to their socio economic status. Hence during the first lockdown day, the Community Service and BOD of Rotary Club of Kuala Lumpur DiRaja, approved and allocated RM5,000 seed money via the Kuala Lumpur Rotary Charity Foundation to immediately respond to the urgent needs of the community. Youth Service though Rotaract Club of Kuala Lumpur joined as a project partner and lent their hand of Rotary by contributing another RM 5,000 as well as to volunteer in the project.
We also received:
1. RM 5,000 from Rtn Dato' Peter Vogt (for food sharing)
2. RM 1,000 from Rtn Horst Wippern
3. RM 250 from Nona (food sharing)
4. RM 100 from public
5. PP Frank Lim's daughter RM 1000
6. RM 2500 from PDG Dato' Mustapha Ma
7. RM 400 in kind (food) from Rtn Ehsan
8. RM 150 in kind (food) from Rtn Shah Redza
9. RM 8,250 in kind (essential food Items) from Community Service Committee members (List under food basket report)
Total allocated budget for this project: RM 28,650 (Cash: RM 19,850; kind (food items): RM 8,800) as of 19th August 2021.